Your time is valuable.
WiseGuides has designed this IRS AFTR Course to be used by preparers of varying tax proficiency levels.
You choose whether to invest your time in a Comprehensive Review, a Targeted topics approach, or a Quick Study of the AFTR Course study materials.
Results you want at a price you like! Regardless of which approach you choose, the topics are presented in a logical, easy-to follow manner, and includes all the topics the IRS specified to be included in the thee "Domains."
Select a Lesson from the eLessons Menu
After you select a lesson, the lesson topics page will be displayed.
Use the Quick Study by reading only content pertaining to IRS "Domain" topics
A WiseGuy icon at the top of a topic page indicates that the topic includes content pertaining to one of the "Domain" topics IRS specified to be included in the Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) Course.
You may choose to review only the topics pointed out by the WiseGuy, and view the related Study Questions for a quick review of the study materials.
Select Examples at the end of selected topics
Examples are available at the end of selected eLesson topics. Click on the "Examples" button at the bottom of a topic's screen to display the Examples pertaining to the current topic. These examples reinforce the material you have just read.
Read the Examples at the end of a topic
1. Click the "View Examples Explanation" button to display the Example Explanations. When accessing the related Examples at the bottom of a topic's page, you are not able to select an answer. Instead, you may select "View Example Explanation" to see a complete answer explanation.
2. Click on "Next Example" to advance to the next Example for this topic, or click "Back" to return to the eLesson topic.
View Study Questions Answer Explanations
The Example Explanation is displayed when the "View Example Explanations" button is clicked.
Examples viewed from the eLessons are not graded or tracked. To use the Study Questions in the interactive mode, click on the "Study Questions" menu bar at the top of the page as displayed on the next screen.
Study Question Selection Menu
1. Click on an item in the topic column to display questions pertaining to that topic. The number in the "T" column indicates the number of questions in that topic. For example, there are 32 Study Questions in the Taxpayer Identification and Data Gathering topic.
2. Your progress through each topic is tracked. In the Taxpayer Identification and Data Gathering topic, 6 questions were answered incorrectly and 26 questions correctly.
3. The progress column shows a graphic display of Study Question progress.
4. The % column displays the percent correct; 81% in the Taxpayer Identification and Data Gathering topic.
5. To reset your scores, click on the check box in the Reset column, and click on the "Reset Your Scores" button at the bottom of the page. You may reset your scores as many times as desired.